The true origin of the Stanislaus County Coin Club is lost
and shrouded in legend. Suffice it to say that the organization originally began as two clubs, the Modesto Coin Club and the
Turlock Coin Club approximately 55 years ago.
The two organizations
had a substantial number of crossover members and ultimately merged to become the Modesto-Turlock Coin Club, in the late 1950’s,
meeting in various places in Modesto, Turlock and Ceres. In deference to the large number of members from other parts of the
county, including Ceres, Riverbank, and Oakdale, the name was changed to the Stanislaus County Coin Club in 1985.